Technology & Applied Studies
Technology and Applied Studies (TAS)
The faculty of Technology and Applied Studies (TAS) is responsible for the delivery of a wide variety of exciting and engaging subjects, all of which offer outstanding training and educational opportunities specifically aligned to industry and career pathways. These include Industrial Arts, Computing, Food and Textiles subjects.
With the completion of the Trade Training Centre facilities, the WCS TAS faculty now has access to an amazing array of industry standard facilities and tools. Some of these include a fully equipped commercial kitchen, a specialised building and construction area, a dedicated CAD and multimedia computer lab consisting of 25 high spec PCs, 3D printing and Laser Cutting facilities, a commercial recording studio, an industry standard PA system and much more.
Many of our subjects contain substantial practical components, and as such require us to charge fees in order to pay for the large amount of consumable products that we use during the year. For more information on fees for specific subjects please click here. As you will appreciate, we consider the safety and well-being of our students the most important aspect of our job and therefore have in place very stringent WH&S policies and standards. For detailed information on our WH&S standards, policies and clothing requirements, please click here.
For detailed information on any of the subjects we provide, simply follow the links below, or contact Tim Pickett (Head Teacher TAS) on 43 562 888. We also strongly advise that you attend the subject expo evenings held during term 2 to assist in subject selections.
Stage 4 (Years 7 and 8):
Stage 5 (Years 9 and 10):
Child Studies (200hr)
Food technology (200hr)
- Graphics (200hr)
- Industrial technology timber (200hr)
- Industrial technology electronics (200hr)
- Industrial technology Building and Construction (200hr)
- Textiles (200hr)
Stage 6 (Years 11 and 12):
- Building & Construction (VET)
- Construction Trade Training Centre (VET)
- Exploring Early Childhood
- Food Technology
- Hospitality - Kitchen Operations (VET)
- Hospitality - Food & Beverage (VET)
- Industrial Technology Graphics
- Industrial Technology Timber
- Industrial Technology Multimedia
- Information Processing Technology
- Information Technology (VET)
- Software Design and Development
- Textiles and Design