Welcome to the Kindergarten Homepage!
Homework sent home
Star cards sent home
Count me in Too (8:30-9:30am)
Return Star cards
- The Star Card program is being trialled in some classrooms in Term One this year.
- This card is intended to give you more information concerning your child at school. The main aim is to encourage positive behaviour and work habits within the classroom.
- Each week we will record on the child's card a behaviour and work ranking and initial the card. We will also include a comment, their weekly sight word results and whether homework has been completed.
- The card will be sent home on Monday, a parent signs it and then it is returned on Tuesday. Please return this in a plastic sleeve in your child's home reading folder so it is not damaged.
- This is sent home on Mondays with students.
- Please return it with your child on Fridays. If it is not returned on Friday it will not be marked.
- It is important to work with your child every night as it supports their learning.
- Homework should not take longer than 15 minutes a night at this stage.
- Please contact us if you have any concerns regarding homework.
- Your child is to bring their home reader with them each day in order to change it for a new book.
- Please listen to your child read each night and record the details on the home reading card.
- The books should be easy when reading at home. They read more difficult texts at school.
- Students receive awards for each 25 nights' home reading they complete. Awards for 50, 100, 150, & 200 nights are presented at the weekly assembly.
- These will be held at the end of Term One to assist in catering for each child's needs.
- Appointments can be made at a later date.
- If an interview is required at another time during the school year please make an appointment to ensure that enough time is available to discuss relevant issues.
Notes and money
- Please place money in a sealed envelope with your child's name, class, what it is for and the total enclosed written on the front.
- Please send a note to school with your child when they return after an absence stating the dates and reason for which they were away.
- Excursion money needs to be sent to school at least one week before the date of the excursion or your child will not be able to go.
- Notes being sent home will go into their home reader folders to try to make sure they arrive home to you safely.
- Absentee notes must be received within 7 days of your child's absence otherwise it is recorded as an unexplained absence. Partial absences must also have an explanation. Please ensure if your child is late to school that you send back the docket received from the front office explaining the absence.
- Please contact the school if your child has a highly contagious infection such as chicken pox, measles, whooping cough, swine flu or any other contagious illness.
- You may send birthday cakes to school but please ensure they are cupcakes or lolly bags. This is due to possible hygiene concerns and the class time that can be interrupted.
- Please ensure your child is able to tie their own shoelaces or wears shoes that they are able to put on themselves.
- Please send a spare pair of undies/ shorts to school with your child just in case. Accidents do sometimes happen.
- We have fruit & vegetable break at around 9:30 each morning. Please send a piece of fruit or a chopped vegetable to eat at this time. During this time we take a break and read a story together. We have found this has had a very positive impact on student learning.
- At Wadalba we support healthy eating at school. Please ensure your child has food for recess and lunch each day.
- Lunch orders can be placed in the lunch basket (in the classroom) each day Mon- Fri. You may also like to setup an account and order via the internet. Primary canteen is open Mon/Fri lunch for snacks.
- Students are not allowed to borrow from the library without their library bag.
- Our library day is Wednesday.
- Your child has chosen their news day already.
- They may bring in items from home however these are their responsibility to care for. We request all children place toys in the storeroom during class time but cannot guarantee they will not be damaged with your child during breaks. Please ensure that your child does not bring any items that would cause concern if this was to happen.
- As we progress throughout our units of work your child may be required to give a topic talk rather than news. You will be informed of this closer to the dates.
- Please ensure all school clothing is clearly labelled with your child's name. Black shoes must be worn Monday to Thursday unless there are special circumstances (a note must be provided). Sport shoes can be worn on Fridays.
Drop Off/ Pick Up
- Thank you to all parents for remaining under/near COLA in afternoons. As you can understand this is a busy time when students and teachers are packing up, handing out notes and giving information for the following day. When children see and hear family and friends outside they are often distracted which makes this a much longer process.
- Primary assembly is held every Friday starting at 11.00am. Each class will run an assembly during the term. Please see the newsletter for when our class will be running the assembly. Parents are most welcome to attend each week whether or not it is our class on stage.
Sport- Term One
- Sport In Schools will be on each Friday. The cost to participate is $4 each week or $40 for the term. Families with more than 2 children only pay for the first 2 children.
- Please ensure that all of your children's belongings are clearly labelled. Though we do our best to prevent it, no responsibility will be taken by the school for lost items. All items found without labels can be claimed from lost property.
- Please make sure you get a visitor's tag from the office before coming to the classroom. The office needs to know who is on the premises in case of emergency and to keep the students safe.
- All parent helpers need to fill out a Working with Children Check form. These are available at the office.
- Please use care with the other students as you would like others to treat your child.
- There are opportunities to assist in other areas of the school such as fundraising, canteen volunteers, book club, making costumes for performances and other areas as they arise throughout the year. Please let us know if you are interested so we can get the right people to contact you.
- These are not a requirement in our classroom as in the early years of schooling. Items from these are often lost or can cause disagreements amongst students.
- The Primary Newsletter is available each fortnight (odd weeks) on the schools website. This newsletter contains important news and events. If you do not have internet access, please advise the front office so a paper copy can be sent home. To access this go to www.wadalba-c.schools.nsw.edu.au/our-school/primary-newsletters . Saving this link or the school home page to your favourites would be a good idea.
Units to be covered this year
Welcome to School
Our Five Senses
Miss Roxanne Sanday Mrs Melinda Farrelly
Classroom Teacher Classroom Teacher